Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall/Homeschooling

So, it's been a while since I updated. We have been back to school for about a month now. I am homeschooling them all. Mack is doing so well with highschool work. He frequently says that he likes school which is really nice to hear. This semester I have him doing a computer typing program and an art program at home as well for his electives. Next semester he wants to take driver's ed. and Cooking. Driving....uggh!! I didn't mention that at this next birthday ( which is only a little over 2 months away) he will be 15!!! He's already talking about getting his permit. " You know mom, in a couple of months this will be me" as he is sitting in the driver's seat. NO!! I think I lost your birth certificate....or anything else you will need to get it :)

Josh is still getting done with school at record speeds! The only thing that seems to slow him down at all is Math. I at least still have a grasp on what he is learning, so for now I can help him. But, soon I will need to reach out to friends for help tutoring.

Gabe really surprises me. He does school very slowly......but, he seems to retain almost everything that he learns. So, although I wish that he would speed up so we can be done with school before lunch, I'm glad that he is learning so well. He just took a History test last week that he received 100% in and an English test that he received 96% in. So, I am very glad!!

Then there's Jesse and I. Work slowed down quite a bit for Jesse this year, but we are managing. It did allow him the oppurtunity to go on our youth group bike trip with the boys. He was really moved by the youth group kids and the teaching. He was really impressed by these young people and their commitment. It made him re-evaluate his own walk. He is reading the word more and praying more. He has become softer and more pleasant to be around. And, I just got to do some of my own music for the youth group and gave my testimony to the Women's study goup. It was the first time in a long time that I've gotten to do more than one song and it was the first time ever I gave such a lengthy testimony. I was really blessed!! And, I hope that I glorified God and was an encouragement to all that heard both things.

That's about it for now. No new pictures to put up yet. Thanks for listening and God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch
Josh lost his head in the Acorns

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch
Gabe in the Acorns